Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Quick and Easy BBQ Pork Chops

Do you ever need ideas for quick and easy weeknight meals?  I do all the time!  Especially on nights when I'm exhausted and don't feel like putting a lot of thought (or any) into making a delicious, nutritious meal for my family.  

Tonight I made BBQ pork chops.  And no, I didn't make the BBQ sauce from scratch (which I could do and is super easy).  Nope, I bought a bottle of GF Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.  The only effort I put into making this meal was turning on the oven and pouring sauce on top of the chops.  That's it.  I didn't bread the pork chops or even season them (besides the sauce).  I cooked them until there was no pink left and while they were cooking, I made some garlicky sauteed spinach for myself (my kids wouldn't eat it).  Super easy, super yummy, super quick, super supper!


I made two pork chops and cut them in half (they were huge).  My husband was in California all week, so four halves worked perfectly for me and the kiddos (Thomas took one half to school for lunch the next day).

Here ar the recipes for the pork chops and garlicky sauteed spinach.  

BBQ Pork Chops

What You Need:
  • 1 package of organically grown pork chops
  • 1 bottle of GF Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
How It's Made:
  • Turn oven to 375 degrees
  • Place pork chops on cooking sheet
  • Pour enough sauce on each pork chop to cover the top.
  • Cook until chops are cooked through, no pink, about 20 minutes
Garlicky Sauteed Spinach

What You Need:
  • One package of organic baby spinach, washed
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
  • 1 T olive oil
How It's Made:
  • Heat oil on medium-high in saute pan
  • Add spinach and garlic
  • Saute until spinach is wilted
I don't think a weeknight meal could get much simpler than this!  Not only is it easy, but it is also very kid friendly!  My kids did not eat the spinach so i gave them some grape tomatoes and a tangerine instead.  I know their limits and spinach is it!

What are your favorite weeknight meals?  Share here or on the Facebook page!

Happy Eats,
Christin

No comments:

Post a Comment