I may or may not have an obsession with lettuce wraps, cups, bowls, etc. When you are trying to live a gluten free lifestyle and really want tacos, using lettuce in place of taco shells is the best thing you can do!
I use very fresh, crispy, cold lettuce. It doesn't really matter what kind of lettuce you use, I am just partial to butter lettuce.
What You Need:
- 1-2 lbs lean organic ground beef or bison
- 1 head of organic butter lettuce (washed well)
- 1 can organic black beans, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jar organic salsa
- 1-2 T organic taco seasoning (GF and MSG free), or make your own by following this recipe
How It's Made:
- Cook beef until no pink remains, drain meat if needed
- Add seasoning and a little water if needed
- Thoroughly wash lettuce and break apart leaves
- Scope one spoonful of meat mixture onto lettuce cup
- Add some black beans, avocado and salsa to the top of meat mixture
- Eat and enjoy!
We eat cheese only on occasion, but if you are not sensitive to dairy you can top your lettuce cups with a little organic shredded cheese. Round out your meal with a side of organic rice seasoned with a little taco seasoning and salsa.