Monday, January 27, 2014

Pantry Pasta and a Give-A-Way!

There are times in my life that I stand in front of my pantry with a blank stare just waiting for something to speak to me and say, "Cook me for dinner".  But, being that food doesn't talk (except for Taco Bell [you know what I mean]) I just continue to stand there,  Sometimes I stand in front of the fridge waiting for the same voice, but it never comes.  I go back and forth until I have lost all hope of making something wonderful for my family.  But, there is always hope!  

As you may have been able to tell, I am a big fan of one pot meals.  I love them mostly because one pot meals are easy and don't dirty up as many dishes (duh!).  When I can't think of anything to cook, I always have Pantry Pasta to fall back on.  

I am going to share my shopping list of items I always have on hand tomorrow on the blog.  If you keep a well stocked pantry, fridge and freezer, you should always have something to fall back on.  I'm not talking about keeping thinks in bulk.  I surely don't have room for 200 cans of tomatoes in my house and I'm sure you don't either.  I'm talking about those essential items you always keep in your pantry that no matter what, you can always make a meal out of.  

That is what Pantry Pasta is for me.  

Pantry Pasta can be anything you want it to be.  I made a Greek style pasta for my family last week, but you could make it anyway you want!

   
What You Need:
  • 1 box or package of GF pasta (any type)
  • 1 can of organic beans (I used garbonzo)
  • 1 can of organic artichokes
  • 4 organic sun dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 2-4 leaves of organic kale, chopped
  • 1/4 organic purple onion, chopped
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 2 T kalamata olives, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
How It's Made:
  • Cook the pasta according to the package directions
  • Once pasta is cooked and drained, add all the other ingredients and heat until warmed through.
  • Serve and enjoy!
It is that simple!  And the best part is that you can add whatever you want!!!  Add any meat you want or keep it vegetarian.  Add any veggies you have, canned beans., etc.  The possibilities are endless.  This is a great meal to make if you are trying to clean out your pantry!  

So, how would you make this dish?  What ingredients would you use to make Pantry Pasta?  

I want to hear from you!  If I can get enough people to follow this blog either here or on the Facebook page, I will do a giveaway!  JJ Virgin (The Virgin Diet) is coming out with The Virgin Diet cookbook next month.  I have been following her dietary guidelines since November.  I feel great and I've lost 10 pounds.  My husband has lost 30 pounds.  I really believe in her logic and I'd love to share her insights with all of you!  Her cookbook should be amazing!  

I will randomly pick a FB follower or a blog follower at the end of February, if I can get more followers on each site.  Share this blog with your friends!  Help me get out there so I can encourage more people to switch to a healthier lifestyle.  

Happy Eats,
Christin

No comments:

Post a Comment