Most people who find out that we don't eat; gluten, soy, corn, peanuts, eggs, sugar or dairy ask, "Well, what do you eat?". It is a fair question and today I am going to share my shopping list with you all. Like I said in my last post, if you keep a well stocked pantry, fridge and freezer, you will always be able to put a healthy meal together for your family.
I do need to clarify that because we are out of the cleanse phase (total elimination of all seven foods listed above) we do eat dairy and sugar on occasion in very minimal amounts. Plus, some recipes I make call for one or two eggs so that is minimally in our diet as well.
Please remember that ALL items are Organic, GMO Free and Gluten Free!
- Frozen organic berries
- Frozen wild caught shrimp
- Frozen organic veggies
- Organic free range turkey and/or chicken sausage
- Organic grass-fed ground beef
- Organic free range chicken and/or turkey breast
- Pasture fed pork
- Wild caught fish (sole, salmon, Alaskan halibut, etc)
- Vegetables: asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers, cucumber, salad greens (kale, chard, lettuce, spinach), mushrooms, squash, zucchini, eggplant, green onions - whatever veggies you really like and you know you will eat!
- Chia and ground flax seed - great to add in berry smoothies (1T)!
- Coconut or Almond milk
- GF dijon mustard
- fresh berries and apples
- Organic salsa
- Organic guacamole
- Organic hummus
- Lemons and limes
- Almond butter (hardens in the fridge so I keep mine in the pantry)
- Organic luncheon meat (turkey and roast beef)
- Ghee (doesn't have to be refrigerated) or organic butter
- Peeled or crushed garlic
- Organic canned artichoke hearts
- Organic black beans (canned and/or dried)
- Organic brown rice
- Canned coconut milk
- Organic diced green chilies
- Organic canned beans (kidney, garbonzo, chick peas, Great Northern, whatever you like)
- Organic gren tea
- Organic diced tomatoes
- Organic chicken and veggie broth
- Quinoa and/or brown rice pasta
- Raw nuts
- Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- GF ketchup
- Organic, GF oatmeal
- Coconut water
- Mint tea (really any organic tea you like)
- Almond, coconut or quinoa flour
- Organic marinara sauce
- Kalamata olives
- Tomato paste
- Coconut sugar
- Meal replacement powder. I use The Virgin Diet meal replacement powder and it is DELISH! We use frozen or fresh berries, coconut milk or coconut water (8-10 ounces), 1 T chia or flax seed and 1-2 scoops of powder. Blend it up and you'll have an amazing smoothie for breakfast and lunch! Find the powder here.
- Garlic bulbs
- Sweet potatoes
- Oranges/tangerines/clementines/grapefruit (eat in moderation, 1-2 times a week)
- Coconut oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Chili powder
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Any seasonings you like as long as it contains NO GMO's or MSG!
- A good multi-vitamin (I use a vegan multi-vitamin that doesn't contain gluten/dairy/soy/nuts/eggs)
- Daily digestive enzyme
- Fish oil
There you have it. That is my shopping list. I shop mainly at Safeway, Whole Foods and Costco. The key is to get to know your stores and find out which stores have the majority of what you need. If you live near a Safeway, they always have coupons for their organic items! Costco carries are great variety of bulk organic items that you'll use a lot like; diced tomatoes, black beans, GF bread, Chia seeds, etc. I go to Whole Foods if I need something that I can't find anywhere else. It is very expensive, but they offer coupons too! If you live near a Trader Joe's I recommend that instead of Whole Foods. Their prices are much more affordable.